Cookies are small files and devices that are installed in the user’s browser in order to upload, retrieve or update data. They allow the owner of the website know the preferences of users when they browse the website and offer customized services based in those preferences.
Depending on their purpose, cookies can be:
- Technical cookies: they are necessary for browsing. Without them the site would not work properly (cookies of “user entrance” for online shopping, multimedia player session, etc.).
- Customization or configuration cookies: they allow the site to recognize the user’s language, font size, etc.
- Safety cookies: they prevent attacks against the website or its users.
- Analytical cookies: they measure the user’s activity and prepare statistics.
- Advertising cookies: they manage the frequency and content of the advertisements.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: they upload information about users to show them customized advertisements.
If you want to delete cookies that are already installed in your computer, you can do so via your browser. You can do it by going to the help menu of your browser and there you can find the actions required to remove them. For more information:
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647